Thursday, March 11, 2004

We Had A Good Morning

I had to take Irma to work today so I could change the front brake pads on her car. On the way back James and I stopped at the park at Lake Toho. They are doing a drawdown and the water level is very low. We walked around the shore a bit until James noticed the playground, then he took off at high speed straight for it. He played for about an hour or so with some other, smaller kids and had lots of fun. He didn't want to go home. Unfortunately, we had to. Driving along the shore I noticed an alligator swimming close to shore. We stopped and looked for a few minutes. It wasn't too close, we were in no danger, but it's highly unusual to see them in this area during the day. We got back in the car and at the north end I saw another, larger gator. We stopped again and watched it for a while. It looked to be around 10 feet long and people were fishing on the pier very close to it. It must be because of the low water that the gators are so visable now. They usually shy away from any human activity.

We got home and I took her brakes apart. I took the rotors to Advance Discount Auto Parts only to find out they no longer turn rotors. Hmmm. That means I didn't buy the other parts I needed from them either. Their loss. I took them to NAPA instead. NAPA is good but the machine shop at this location is incredibly messy. They have car parts laying all over the place and you can hardly move in there. They would have them done in an hour and a half. I'm waiting now.

No comments: