Sunday, August 29, 2004

Am I Still Here?

I haven't been posting much lately because I usually post at night while I am at work but I have been so busy working I haven't had time to turn on the computer. Our register is still not working, all auditing is being done manually and we are just not set up for that. It's a mess. It's under control but if it's too long before we get this thing fixed it will be a nightmare trying to catch up with all this work. I'll have to go back and do the audit for every night we missed and probably redo some paperwork as well.

Now I see we have another hurricane headed in this direction. We don't need another one in this area anytime soon and it will most likely change direction but who knows. Maybe it will take the hotel down completely this time and I will be forced to change jobs - it's probably what I need. I'll get a job helping to rebuild in the construction industry.

I just finished mowing the lawn. Irma went to her mother's house with the kids. I was taking a break and getting ready to go out and cut some more branches down (yes, I have a lot more to go) but now I hear thunder getting closer and closer. Abner (a friend) lent me his ladder and a couple of long extension cords to use the chain saw so I can reach the front of the property. I really appreciate it because otherwise I would be out there cutting them by hand and that is really slow going and with the heat it is exhausting. I also have to repair some shingles, I can't forget about that. I'm not sure when I can do that because if James is there he will want to come up the ladder and on the roof with me. I don't think he could resist it.

Now it sounds like the thunder is right on top of me. I should just go to bed but I really wanted to get this stuff done. So much to do, so little time.

No comments: