Thursday, August 26, 2004

The Late Post

I neglected to say the power came on at work Tuesday at 3:30 pm. I just made plans to start helping out in a house renovation Wednesday morning and an hour later I got the call to come back to work. If it had not been for the temporary nature of the work I would have told the hotel I wouldn't be coming back. I really am getting tired of working nights. Our cash register/computer isn't working and all the paperwork is being done manually and they did not keep up with it while I was gone. I spent the entire night just trying to straighten that out and get caught up but it has to be done again when the computer is working again. Oh, and I'm fixing that too. I would rather do that than all the paperwork but I get to do both.

There are still some people in Kissimmee who don't have power. They say by midnight tonight. I noticed a few more shingles on the roof got damaged and I will have to replace some of them. Still, I was blessed. So many houses have tarps over them, including my neighbor across the street. I pass a house everyday that has a huge oak tree on top of it. I wonder if they are snow birds or what because nothing seems to get cleaned up at all there. They were building an apartment complex in Saint Cloud, it was erected but not finished and it is laying on the ground - it just fell over. I really need to get a picture of that.

No comments: