Monday, August 23, 2004

It's Still Not Over

It's been 10 days and so many people here still do not have power. I am effectively out of a job until the hotel gets power back. If power doesn't come on today it will be my fourth day off. And there is alot more to clean up in the yard than it first looked. I borrowed a tall ladder to fix my siding and cut some higher branches off. Now that the leaves on the broken branches are dying I can see some very large branches that broke off a tree and got lodged high up in the branches of another. I tried to cut one out with little success. It is really stuck. It will take alot of cutting in a very precarious position. There is one I cannot reach at all.

This situation here is worse than they are letting on and I believe there has been a good deal of incompetance and unpreparedness at the bottom of it.

No comments: