Sunday, August 18, 2002

  I was just talking to someone who is having a hard time with "spyware" on her computer. She said the computer would try to dial the internet on it's own and she saw a program called comet cursor install itself on her computer. Also, she informed me, it wouldn't let her uninstall it! This is one of my pet peeves, I can't stand these programs and I won't use any of that "adware" that's available, with the exception of the Opera web browser, I've found that very safe and a great program. Be very careful what you download, there is some malicious stuff out there.

  Now my tip to rid yourself of this stuff. Go to lavasoft.nu and download Ad-Aware. It will seek out and allow you to remove this junk. Please be advised you may be using a program that will no longer work without the spyware, so go to nonags.com and find a program that will do the same thing for free and won't have the spyware.

  After you get rid of the spyware, go to Zonelabs.com and download the free version of Zone Alarm. Zone Alarm will warn you if any programs try to access the internet without your permission and your computer will be invisable to hackers.

  I have links to these sites on my links page. Do yourself a favor and get these programs. And one more thing, if you don't have an anti-virus program, go to grisoft.com and dowload the free version of AVG Anti-virus. You NEED this. The link is on my website. Be careful out there!

No comments: