Sunday, August 25, 2002

Irma took the kids to Jacksonville yesterday and I didn't have to work last night, so I spent a little time downloading some new programs to check out. I want something to rip cd's, convert mp3's to wav files and back, and I wanted to find an mp3 player I used to have but haven't used since my old computer burned up. I noticed the Zinf player had a problem with the seek within a track function: it doesn't work. So I found the Audioactive player I was looking for and it works great and sounds good. But I had downloaded an mp3 of Bic Runga - Sway - and it didn't work in the new player. ?! Audioactive has a program to convert mp3 to wav but it didn't work with this file. The song plays but there is no sound. I started looking for a program to convert it. I found a tried and true old friend, RightClick MP3, but it doesnt work with Windows XP. It's not easy finding a good program, there is so much junk out there! I downloaded two programs that couldn't use my cd player. (a TDK) Finally! With the help of the Pricelessware website, I found dBPowerAmp and so far I love it. It also converts to Monkey's Audio among many others. Anyway I converted the mp3 to wav and back to mp3 again using dBPowerAmp and now it works fine! So, the winner so far is dBPowerAmp. but I will keep testing it. The Audioactive player works great if you just want a simple, great sounding player.

And now for something completely different :Redneck Neighbor

I have to mow the lawn. I would rather do almost anything else. Everytime I look at it I think of this:

"Cursed is the ground for your sake;
In toil you shall eat of it
all the days of your life.
Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you
And you shall eat the herb of the field.
In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread
Till you return to the ground.
For out of it you were taken;
For dust you are
And to dust you shall return."


Genisis 3:17-19
But Iron Chef is so much more interesting than mowing the lawn. Oh well, better go do it!


No comments: