Friday, August 30, 2002

Thanks to the Maximum PC magazine, I found a free program to stop spam. It's called Spam Weasel. And it works as advertised! Right now I have it marking the spam but letting it go to my inbox so I can test it and make sure it doesn't get rid of mail I want. When it marks something that shouldn't be spam you can add it to a list of safe addresses. It only happened once so far. I'm impressed! When I'm confident all the good stuff is getting through I'll let it trash the spam. Follow the instructions carefully to set it up so it can route the mail through itself before going to the inbox.

And if you need a peer to peer networking program (P2P, file sharing, like the old Napster, downloads MP3's) I found Shareaza. It is not ad supported and has no spyware. Most of the poular P2P programs include alot of junk programs you don't want on your computer! Some of them I would even consider viris programs. They are set up so you cannot delete them unless you really know what you are doing. You delete the program and it comes right back! Frustrating and those people should be in jail! Anyway Shareaza has none of that and is safe. It works good and it looks great too. You really should buy the music you like, but this is great for finding music you didn't know you liked.

It rained alot here last night, got that lake effect going on. Lucky we are on a hill. James doesn't like sleeping when it's raining. He's afraid of lightning and hates when the lights go out! Welcome to Florida!

No comments: