Thursday, July 17, 2003

Burnin' Up

I had to mow the lawn before it got too long to cut. I let James wander around the yard, he mostly stayed in one place, playing with some grass cuttings. It's so hot though, it's unbearable. I just wanted to get done but it was slow going, watching James and the grass is a bit long. At one point he called me over but I said I was busy. He came over and told me to turn off the mower. I did and asked what he wanted. "A couple of things." "A couple of things?", I don't know where he heard that before. He didn't want anything except my attention. He was really hot and looked worn out so I quit and told him to come in the house and take a bath. Mowing the lawn around here is like a 2nd job and it's hard to find the time to do it because alot of the time there will be a thunderstorm at the most convenient time to mow. Sometimes the lawn remains wet (soaked) for days on end. Other times it's unbearably hot and humid. Today was hot and humid, and James didn't want to come in.

Earlier I took him with me shopping for glasses. I need new ones bad because James has knocked them so many times they are bent beyond repair and they keep falling off, especially if it's hot and I'm trying to get some work done. It's no use though because I can't see without my glasses. I put the new ones on and have to get 3 inches from the mirror to see anything. The people who work at these places are no help, they don't really care what you look like. Most don't even pretend to help you. I know there are places where they do a really good job helping you get the right glasses but they aren't around here. I'll have to wait until I can go with Irma.

I have to go cook now. Salmon with sesame/ginger marinade, brown and wild rice, and fresh, steamed broccoli and string beans. James is hungry and so am I.

No comments: