Tuesday, July 22, 2003

The Scorpion and the Frog

Here's a great commentary: Why I Hate Lawyers

Unusual Movie Review

I thought I was the only one who hated the subliminal and not so subliminal messages contained in alot of movies. Sometimes they ruin an otherwise good movie. One example that stands out in my mind is Assassins, with that stupid elevator scene where Julianne Moore paints a womans fur coat and there are ads in the background throughout the movie. Annoying. And when I see something like this it makes me want to cook more chicken, in fact we had chicken today. But that's not a movie. Check out what's in Lethally Blonde.

"Bruce Friedrich, a director in PETA, says plainly, "If we really believe that animals have the same right to be free from pain and suffering at our hands, then of course we're going to be blowing things up and smashing windows." Terror is, Friedrich thinks, "a great way to bring about animal liberation."

This is what happens when you negotiate with terrorists. All terrorists must die. It's the only thing they understand.

Meditation

I sent for and received a free sample of a meditation cd. It has rain, some chimes and a guy talking over it telling you about the product. You need headphones for it to work so I put some on and listened for a while. James wanted to hear it too, so I gave him the headphones, he put them on and listened for a few seconds and said: "I hate this music.

If you're curious, you can get the free demo here. At first the order form for the free demo didn't pop up for me but after looking over the order form I think I closed a window and it popped up. I just tried to duplicate my efforts and couldn't get it to pop up again. Perhaps it only pops up after a certain amount of time, I don't know. It's not quite as easy as they describe.

A Nice Day

Today was a beautiful day but, of course, hot! James wanted to ride his tricycle so I rode Joshua's bike and we took off down the road to see the cows and horses. James insisted on going all the way to the end of the street (dirt road) where they have some horses. They had just finished loading some horses on a trailer and drove by us. James started riding after the truck saying "Wait! Man, wait, I wanna see the horses!" I tried to stop him but he was a boy on a mission. At one point the front tire got stuck and he and the tricycle fell. He got up like nothing happened and started running after the truck. He gave up finally and told me the truck was going too fast. He rode to where the pavement starts and didn't want to ride anymore. I put him in front of me on the bar and held his tricycle in my left hand and rode home like that, saying goodbye to the cows on the way. He said he had alot of fun.



No comments: