Friday, July 25, 2003

Dixie Stampede

We went to the Dixie Stampede tonight. I wouldn't normally go to a dinner show but I had a letter offering complimentary admission for 2 from work (it's $43.99 for adults & $28.99 for children). We took James with us because I knew he would love it. As it turns out they gave us comp admission for all 3 of us (Thank you!). For those wondering, Joshua is staying with his father this month.

I have to say I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. James absolutely loved it. He got to touch the horses and he saw Bison for the first time. The food is good, nothing fancy and you have to eat with your hands - no utensils. It's alot of food too. They gave James the same amount as us and we ended up bringing most of it home.

The show was patriotic and funny. They do emphasize the North/South thing through the middle of it and you sit on the North side or the South side. I'm not a North/South kind of guy, I couldn't care less. When I lived in Texas I would cringe every time I heard the term "yankee", to me a yankee wears a baseball uniform and gets paid a lot for than I do. I've never lived anywhere that didn't have something good about it, even the brown dustbowl that is Abilene, Texas, and I've never seen the perfect place, although I fall in love with Virginia every time I go. Whatever, it was still a good show. When it ended James said he wanted to see it again. I guess it lasted about one and a half hours.

No comments: