Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Hot Pursuit!


I had to deal with some loud drunks when I got to work tonight. They were nice enough, just loud and they didn't want to stay in their rooms. I don't know how they can go to work in the morning after getting that drunk, but they do. After dealing with them twice I saw a couple of police cars pull in and split up, one stayed at the front and the other drove towards the back. It crossed my mind that someone called the police because of these guys. I looked around but they were in the room.

Five minutes later I heard some tires screeching two doors down, that's not too unusual, but this time it didn't stop. Someone was going nuts with their car! I walked out the back door and went around the corner. One of the police cars was parked there and a policeman was standing outside the drivers door and another on the other side. I saw them looking in the direction of the screeching - dumbfounded - like they couldn't believe what they were seeing. The screeching moved out to the road and started heading our way. I watched as a black Ford double-cab pickup raced by the hotel and slid sideways around the corner at the light and disappeared from view, with a police car in hot pursuit. The two policeman looked at each other, got in the car and took off. Just then I noticed one of the drunk guys standing next to me. We looked at each other and I said, " I thought they were here for you. Now please go to bed." He did.

Half an hour later two police cars parked in the driveway and sat there for a while. I hope they got their man, but I will probably never find out what that was all about.

No comments: