Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jersey Shore


I'm getting more traffic than I thought from the Barnegat Bay waterspout story. I wish I had seen it. I grew up just north of that area in Toms River and I don't remember ever hearing about something like that before, but I have seen some pretty heavy weather there. I remember fishing on the Toms River and watching rain like a wall of water, like a curtain, coming across the river. I thought it was the coolest thing.

I've also seen water spun up into a foot high waterspout dance across the water - on a clear day. No clue what caused that. I miss the Jersey shore, it was a fun place to grow up. Too bad New Jersey has such a screwed up government. It'll never be the same.

Added 8/15: Here's a great description and photos of the waterspouts from an eyewitness.

No comments: