Friday, September 06, 2002

Do you have Windows XP? Check out TweakXP.com. WinCustomize will help you decorate your desktop. I tried some other XP sites I knew about but they have closed shop or changed direction.

If you're a hardware junkie, check out Toms Hardware. Not hammers and nails, computer hardware!

Blogger is acting up again, the editor is not working properly. Last time this happened it left out some of my post! I can't go back and edit a spelling mistake without deleting the whole sentance and rewriting it. Well, what do you want for free? It's just that I am more reluctant to upgrade to BloggerPro if this one isn't working, know what I mean? Blogger?

I like to try different operating systems. I used to use OS/2. It was like using Windows 95 back when Windows only had 3.11. Now it is way too expensive and is not as cutting edge. Here are some OS/2 links.
IBM OS/2 Warp Page
Team OS/2
OS/2 eZine
The OS/2 Supersite
I think that's enough OS/2. Sorry, I remember it fondly.

I've also tried, and like, FreeBSD. I tried OpenBSD but was unable to install it in a partition of my hard drive because you have (had) to know what sector number the partition started and ended and - give me a break! Maybe if it was to be the only operating system on the computer it would have been easier. Anyway, I still like the idea of using it! :)
I've had much better luck with and really like Linux. The best that I've used is Linux Mandrake. I tried Caldera and tubolinux, but didn't like them at all. I hear that Suse Linux is an excellent system.
I don't have any of them running now, but I 'm getting that itch again!
I'm still testing the Mozilla browser and I like it. I still find Opera easier to use, but that may be because I'm not used to Mozilla yet. It is easier to turn on and off some functions in Opera (such as popup windows) and Opera does have functions to turn off images (easier), preview print mode, and toggle between author and user mode ( can make a site much easier to read). Cookie handling seems better in Opera, too. When I'm done browsing I just hit delete private data and it dumps everything. (I can choose what to lose too.) Either way, I'll be using Internet Explorer almost never! Too bad I need it to use blogger!

No comments: