Thursday, September 12, 2002

Today I took James outside and the horses were in the field. He started calling them and soon they came over to the fence. One of them let me pet it, the other stood back. James was afraid to touch it. He tried to grab a stick and asked to be put down so he could get a rock. I really don't know what he was thinking, he really likes them but when they get too close they scare him. It wasn't so hot today and the turkeys were out and about all day. They come up almost to my bedroom window. They are beautiful birds. As I write this they are right there about 5 feet from me, picking through the grass for bugs. And there was a softshell turtle in the front yard today. James likes the turtles but I didn't let him touch it, softshells can be mean like snappers.
When I was in the garage he kept getting tools out of my toolbox and going over to the car and sticking them under and into the car like he was working on it. Then he got a hammer and my instinct said "follow him". He ran around to the passenger side and was about to smash the window, he stopped when I yelled NO!
I made gyoza for dinner tonight. I forgot how much I love them! I fried half and steamed the other half. Delicious.
That's about it today except to say that I hate public schools! And for more reasons than I can write here, but today it was because Joshua has to take a pill at lunchtime and they have so many stupid, ridiculous rules and a form that's more complicated than a tax form, bilingual, of course. And then they threaten Joshua if his Mother doesn't fill out the form they are going to throw his pill away. I can't believe the stuuuupid people they have working for the government. If you can think for yourself you are not welcome to the job, thank you very much. With appologies to my Mother, but she knows exactly what I'm talking about. Of course I'll never fly ever again either.

No comments: