Monday, May 12, 2003

Kids Are Cruel

So I used the blower today to clean off the porch and driveway. They were nice and clean. Add 2 kids playing outside and a father going inside for a minute. Come back outside and...

James practically filled the porch with leaves while Joshua watched. I have no idea how he got so many leaves, it must have taken a few trips (or Joshua helped and won't admit it). A little later he found some clay pots Irma had laying around and he started throwing them up in the air and watching them crash down on the driveway. He got 3 before I could stop him. So we all had a cleaning party and swept it all up. Just as we got it all cleaned up, James says "Here Dad", I look and he's about to throw a pot in my direction. I'm about 15 feet away saying "Noooooo!" He threw it and it bounced off the driveway in front of me. It was plastic!

P.S.

While blowing the leaves I blew a fire ant hill away. That was fun, although it probably just pissed them off and they will regather and take over my entire property. If there ever was an example of a creature that deserved to be wiped off the face of the earth, it's fire ants. Fire ant lovers and appologists need only sit on any lawn in Florida for 5 or 10 minutes to be in complete agreement.

No comments: