Sunday, May 11, 2003

Melting at the Park

Saturday we went to the Kissimmee lakefront park and let the kids play on the playground for a while. Our friend, Abner, came with us. They had a great time and I took some video of them. The playground is covered by a huge tarp to protect from too much sun but it was so hot. We walked down by the water and almost melted in the sun. They have a new area with spraying water for the kids to play in and that is a great idea. There were alot of kids in there. It's way too hot to spend much time outside. I have no idea how people work outside in this sun. We came home and enjoyed the air conditioning and a cold beer.

Oops

For some reason I thought I was supposed to work tonight. I was wrong. I had slept in the evening so I couldn't go back to sleep right away. James came out here (living room) 3 times so far. First, he was looking for his mommy. I took him back to bed, but he got up again after about 10 minutes. This time he wanted to take his vitamins and play. I took him to lay down with Irma. A little while later he got up again and just wanted to play with his toys. I let him play a little while thinking he would get sleepy again. He wasn't getting sleepy. I took him back to bed with Irma and said if he didn't go to sleep I would put him in the crib and I haven't heard from him since. Now I want to go to bed but there's no room left. I'm still glad I'm off.

No comments: