Friday, May 09, 2003

What is an Artificial Blueberry?

I saw some blueberry pancakes in Publix today and bought a box because it's been a long time since I've had them and suddenly started craving them (comfort food). I used to pick wild blueberries when I was a kid. Anyway, I got home and made some (yes, they were good), but noticed it said the blueberries were artificial. What the hell is an artificial blueberry? Couldn't they just use freeze dried? Next time I'll buy frozen blueberries and add them myself. What is it about "mankind" that we think we can improve our food with artificial and synthetic ingredients?

Hot, Hot, Hot

James loves to play outside and he bugs me constantly to go out. Thursday I let him play outside earlier than usual, right after Irma went to work. We found a frog and he had so much fun chasing it around. Eventually it hopped up on a tree and climbed out of reach. Now it was time to ride his bike. He wanted to ride down the road and see the cows. It was so hot! The sun is so bright you can't even look up normally, I wish I hadn't lost my sunglasses. This is all before 10am. Finally he had his fill and I chased him home (he wanted me to get him). We had fun though. You just can't spend too long out there without some shade and drinks.

Fare Thee Well

Check out this online National Obituary Archive. I found my father and grandfather on the first try but didn't have much luck beyond that.

No comments: