Friday, June 20, 2003

Aim High

Another funny picture. This one from Rebel Yell.

Orrin Hatch again

Remember what Orrin Hatch said the other day about remotely destroying the computers of people who illegally download music? Well, it seems his website is using unregistered software illegally. What a buffoon. Orrin Hatch: Software Pirate? 

Commentaries

John LeBoutillier: Hollywood Hates America

Edward I. Koch: No U.S. Troops to Israel


John LeBoutillier: Muslim Nazis

And There is No New Thing Under the Sun

Psalms 79:1-5
1 O God, the heathen are come into thine inheritance; thy holy temple have they defiled; they have laid Jerusalem on heaps. 2 The dead bodies of thy servants have they given to be meat unto the fowls of the heaven, the flesh of thy saints unto the beasts of the earth. 3 Their blood have they shed like water round about Jerusalem; and there was none to bury them. 4 We are become a reproach to our neighbours, a scorn and derision to them that are round about us. 5 How long, LORD? wilt thou be angry for ever? shall thy jealousy burn like fire?


Is There a Full Moon?

Tonight was the most hectic night I've had in a while. Most of it was just weird. One guest said their phone was broken, she couldn't call anyone. I put a new one in the room but couldn't see anything wrong with the old one. It dialed just fine and all the keys worked. Then she didn't have the number she needed. I called the main Disney information line but they were closed. (?) I couldn't find a listing for the Animal Kingdom Lodge so I called another Disney hotel to ask for the number.

Me: "Hi, can you give me the number to the Animal Kingdom Resort?"

Hotel operator:"Do you need to make a reservation?"

Me: "No, I'm helping someone call a guest at the resort."

Hotel operator: "I can transfer you there from here."

Me: "I work at a hotel and I'm calling to help one of my guests, I just need the number to the Animal Kingdom Resort."

Hotel operator: "If you give me the guests name I can transfer you from here."

Me: "I don't know the guests name, I'm a hotel employee trying to help one of my guests. I'll just give them your number and they can call you and you can transfer them, OK?"

Hotel operator: "Well, I'll just give you the number for the Animal Kingdom Lodge then."

Me: "Why thank you."

The phone wouldn't stop ringing, one guy was mad because the guy he was trying to call wasn't in the room. I guess people on vacation are supposed to sit in their rooms waiting for him to call, not be out having fun. Another guy said he stayed here a few nights ago and left something in the room. I asked what it was and he said he was embarrassed to say but I would have seen it. "Well, you'll have to call back during the day, I haven't seen anything." I said. Which was the truth. It sounded like a joke to me anyway. It's not unusual to get crank calls on this shift. Then he started to describe it saying it was purple and finally he said "Oh, Ok, it's my dildo." I don't remember exactly what I said, probably just to call tomorrow. I'm still pretty sure it was a joke and I think I know who it was, the voice was diguised but it sounded like someone I've worked with before. Whatever. I hope he had a good laugh.

A lady came in to look at a room, I got her I.D. and she took off for about 45 minutes. I tried calling the room, no answer. Finally she came back. She was out shopping at other hotels for rooms. I checked the room but it was unused. I had a girl come in once who did the same thing but was only gone about 5 minutes. When I checked the room I saw she used it for a quickee. I didn't expect that, it was the shortest I've ever seen.

As busy as it was it was mostly questions, directions, some reservations, and towels. Only 6 checkins.

No comments: