Sunday, June 29, 2003

Spam, Spam, Spam

Do you keep sending back "removes" to spammers, keep adding your address to "remove lists", but yet your spam volume only seems to be wildly increasing? If so this page is definitely for you.

Free Global Spam Removal List

Brought to you by The Spamhaus Project

Very educational.

Europe Endless

Pension systems across Europe will soon be running out of money as Europeans retire earlier, live longer and produce fewer children.

"There is a fear that just as the world is entering its most competitive stage ever, Europe will be less competitive vis-à-vis the United States and the Asian economies, which are much younger and are benefiting from what you might call a demographic window of opportunity," he said.

This means, given the historically low birthrates of "old" Europe, that a decreasing number of young people are paying into pension systems that have to support a larger number of people who, on average, will be in retirement for almost as many years as they worked to earn their pensions in the first place.

The changing demographic picture has produced political uncertainty and crowds of angry demonstrators in European countries whose governments, reacting to the shift from youth to the aged, are moving to reduce social services, including the pensions that millions have been counting on for their golden years.

Interesting: Across Europe, only 39 percent of men age 55 to 65 still work.

Another social experiment crashing and burning.

Europe is under alot of pressure right now. A high unemployment rate and aging population only add to the list and Europe also doesn't have a history of reacting well under pressure. Europe desperately wants to be the major player on the world scene and that only turns up the heat. Watch out if the economy collapses, alot of people may get hurt.

"Gross Human Rights Abuses"

"Thank you for contacting me, but I don't think this would work. I have a huge problem with the way that the Israelis take the moral high ground from their appalling treatment in the Holocaust, and then inflict gross human rights abuses on the Palestinians because they [the Palestinians] wish to live in their own country."

"I am sure that you are perfectly nice at a personal level, but no way would I take on somebody who had served in the Israeli army. As you may be aware, I am not the only UK scientist with these views but I'm sure you will find another lab if you look around."


An Oxford University professor has provoked outrage by rejecting an application from an Israeli PhD student purely because of his nationality.

As they meander through the educational system, some people are incapable of filtering out the crap that invariably gets passed on to them and as they approach the higher levels of institutional learning they become so full of shit they can no longer contain it and it comes spewing out all over the poor souls who have the misfortune of coming into contact with them.


On The Homefront

This morning I was thinking that I haven't been taking any pictures or videos lately. I was playing outside with James and he just struck me as having grown up so fast. He's not a baby anymore. He has conversations and he just acts so much more grown up. Now that Irma is back to work he takes his nap around 12:30 and he goes into his room and climbs into his crib without any complaints. He's about ready to get rid of the crib too, Irma wants to get him a bed. I need to take some video of him. I was laying on my bed looking into his room watching him go to sleep and he was so cute, singing and talking with his toys, I wish I had a video of that but as soon as he notices the camera he stops.

Later, I was looking out the window and saw a wasp carrying a grasshopper. I wanted a picture of that so bad but I couldn't get close enough without scaring it away. I've never seen that before.

No comments: