Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Limited Time Only

For those interested in authentic Mississippi Delta blues - Now available: R.L. Burnside- First Recordings. Recorded in 1968. There are 3 free mp3's to download, too.

Oops

your blog was not quite ready to be published yet. Please try again.

What does that mean? Blogger wants me to post more content? What did I forget?

Ok, fine. I installed my mailbox today and found it was more damaged than I thought. Somehow it was dented on both sides and the board it attaches to was broken in half. I used some dirt to refill the post hole, it's still alittle loose. As a bonus, I also dug up a fire ant hill. I hate those buggers. James carried the new mailbox out to the road for me and wanted to use the screwdriver. He's not strong enough for that yet. Joe said he would stop by some time in the next couple of days, let's see.

Irma and James went to Grandma's house after lunch and they are spending the night. I got some sleep yesterday and got up at 6:30 and mowed the lawn. All the rain we've been getting is making it grow fast. I'll go to sleep when I get home. I like sleeping first thing in the morning so I wake up in the afternoon early enough to do something if I want. Unfortunately I can only do that when no one is home.

Results Without Effort

I've been realizing more and more that Americans want results without effort. It's becoming a sickness. We want a healthy toned body while eating potato chips and soda laying on the sofa watching Survivor. Any amount of discomfort will cause people to abandon their newest exersice machine or dietary change. Our bodies can't take the processed foods we feed it every day. We fill ourselves with food our bodies can't use, get sicker and sicker, then go to the great medical profession for pills to make it better.

Scientists can't do it better than God. Scientists can only use what they know to make their medicines and vitamins. Unfortunately the vast realm of knowledge is like an iceberg. We see the tip and we use what we see to create our medicines and vitamins and process our food, taking out kernal of life in the food and replacing it with synthetic garbage. There is so much beneath the tip that we don't know about though. And we don't know what we don't know.

The same goes for the fertilizers we use to grow crops. The land is badly depleted. Synthetic fertilizers only provide the minimum needs of the plant to grow. They don't provide the wide range of vitamins and minerals we need. If it's not available to the plant it's not in the vegetable or fruit. The tomatos at the supermarket taste like cardboard, the watermelon is not sweet. The vegetables and fruits available today do not provide us with the nutrients our bodies crave.

Read The Bad News About Organic Food.

Read The Thesis of Body Mineral Balancing It's part of the New Zealand Health Information Network. Very interesting. Check out their Mineral section! Bookmark it, study it.

"The introduction of artifical fertilizers at the beginning of the last century greatly increased crop yeilds but put back into the soil only three nutrients:- Nitrate, phosphate, potassium, (NPK), Sufficient for crops to flourish but nowhere near enough for humans to flourish which is over 70, according to most nutritionists."

No comments: