Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Home Depot - Hardware Store?

I went to Home Depot Monday to get some parts to install a water softener. I found almost everything but I need a checkvalve and couldn't find one. I asked an employee and he told me they didn't have any, "I don't know why we don't carry them but they are available in any good hardware store." Oh. You mean, like, Lowe's.

I didn't make that up, he really said that.

James update

James went to the doctor today and like I said, He's no longer sick. I didn't go because I had to pick up Joshua from school but Irma said the doctor gave him a clean bill of health. Later, Irma told me James had a prescription to get. "A prescription for what?" I asked, "If she said he wasn't sick why does he need a prescription?" She said it was for congestion. We talked about it and we'll watch James, obviously, but I don't think we'll get the medicine. What's the point? Maybe she gets kickbacks.

Mo Hotta, Mo Smarta

I have a catalog from Mo Hotta Mo Betta and on the cover there is a cartoon of a guy holding a habenero pepper up to his mouth and next to it the same guy holding the pepper but his head is burnt to a crisp. James was looking at it and asked why his head was like that. I said one picture was before eating the pepper and the other picture was after eating the pepper. "Oh" he said, "but he didn't eat the pepper."

No comments: