Friday, January 11, 2008

Lesson Learned


Jeremy Clarkson, a host of the TV show Top Gear, gave out his personal bank account numbers because he thought they could only be used to put money into his account, not take money out.

Clarkson stung after bank prank

But Clarkson admitted he was "wrong" after he discovered a reader had used the details to create a £500 direct debit to the charity Diabetes UK.

"I opened my bank statement this morning to find out that someone has set up a direct debit which automatically takes £500 from my account," he said.

"The bank cannot find out who did this because of the Data Protection Act and they cannot stop it from happening again.

"I was wrong and I have been punished for my mistake."


Isn't that what you do every time you write a check?

No comments: