Thursday, April 10, 2003

Marines hold nuclear site

The only place I can find any word of this is here. You would think this would be headline news. Maybe it will turn out to be nothing but not having confirmation hasn't stopped them on other stories. It sure beats watching a statue fall over and over and over and over and over...

Brain Damage

"This is a tragedy and a bloody comedy. We cannot believe what we see. What happened? It seems that the Iraqis have given up Baghdad without a fight. Where is the Iraqi army? Have they evaporated?" said Walid Salem, a Ramallah shopkeeper.

Ali Jaddah, an engineer, said: "It's a day of shame. On this day Arabs have become slaves. The only man who dared to say 'no' to the Americans' face has vanished today. What is left is a bunch of bowing and scraping Arab leaders."

Ahmed, 35, a Cairo taxi driver, shook his head in disbelief at the toppling of Saddam's statue. "There is no way ordinary Iraqi citizens would have done that. Impossible! They are probably Kurds or Shias," he said.

All quotes from this article: Arabs in Shock, Denial at Toppling of Saddam

How about this one:

"It is irrelevant whether Saddam is dead or not. His memory will live on to inspire many Arabs to stand up against all the injustices committed by the U.S. and its friends in Israel," Belqees Hamood, a university student, said.

From: Arabs Watch Saddam's Demise in Disbelief

And not to forget all the sound bites I keep hearing from various people on CNN tonight. Yeah, the US wants to make Iraq our next state. We'll just add it to the long list of our previously colonized countries. We're colonizing and we can't stop!

Brain Damage


Meanwhile

Israeli-European relations must improve - Fischer

Brighthouse

I was interupted just as I began to post this and when I got back (3 checkins and a rollaway for one of them) I forgot what I was gonna post. It wasn't 30 seconds and I saw the commercial again! Brighthouse! I am so tired of those commercials already. I never liked Time Warner, a name change won't help. Just give me about 10 channels of my choice at a very reasonable price. I have no cable box, no fancy anything, just my TV and a cable and they charge me $55.00 a month. That's sick. The only reason I put up with it is because I don't pay it. If I did it would be disconnected today! Whenever I see the bill I threaten to disconnect it anyway on principal. I would love to have a cable modem but I refuse to give them any more money. Dial up works good enough for me anyway

More Saddam Statues

CNN just showed an attempt to use C-4 explosives to take a statue of Saddam down. It didn't quite work but it looked like his pants fell down. That was funny.

My Fig Tree

The leaves on this tree were folding over in the wind. I didn't think anything of it, I would fold them back once in a while. The day after I fertilized it with Aggrand they straightened out and even though it was very windy Wednesday they stayed flat. Hmmm.



No comments: