Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Tax Time

Time to complain about the our tax system again.

Our outrageous tax system

Russia -- leading the way

This Tax Day, Go Flat

This country NEEDS a flat tax. Please.

Tax Day

Ten Worst Tax Laws


A Couple From James S. Robbins

Ambassadors of Terror

Why Baghdad Fell

Zen and the Art of Pressure Washing

Today I pressure washed the driveway and front porch. I don't like the soap dispenser because it's not pressurized and it runs out too fast. Next time I'll just use a bucket and a brush to put on the soap. Everything looks cleaner now, I'm so glad to have a pressure washer. I think tomorrow I'll do the back of the house.

After his initial curiosity, James just played in the yard. I really thought he would want to try it but I guess not. I was almost done when he started telling me to turn it off. It was naptime anyway. He did help me fill in a couple of holes in the yard, actually he didn't want to stop doing that. He helped me mulch around the orange trees too. He went back to playing in the dirt again after that.

To Tell The Truth

Here's a collection of quotations from "Baghdad Bob," Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf.

The End of the World - Revisited

Walter Chronkite is hosting a 4 part show on armaggedon (Avoiding Armaggedon). He's says they will be exploring ways to stop it from happening. What exactly is he trying to stop? The return of Christ? Or is that not even a factor, just to stop mankind from destroying itself. Good luck. I wish as much as anyone for the world to live in peace. The problem is - on who's terms? Four problems we humans have to overcome: vanity, jealousy, lust and greed. Again, good luck.

As for the return of Christ, when the time comes there will be no stopping it. The nations of the world will try to fight Christ at His coming (Luke 19:14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.) but they will be destroyed. That will be the war that brings, finally, REAL peace.

No comments: